This keto-friendly cookie recipe will not only help you lose weight but also satisfy those sweet cravings.
Chef Meraj, Executive Chef at Four Points by Sheraton (Navi Mumbai), has found a long-term solution to your sugar cravings. Everybody has heard of the keto diet or the high-fat, low-carb diet. This extremely popular diet often shows drastic weight loss results, with many people in the social media community sharing their ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures. This diet seems to work like magic, but it is a diet, and every diet is a struggle of its own. Therefore, if you are on this diet and you haven’t had desserts in ages, this keto-friendly delicious cookie is for you!
This healthy dessert recipe uses almond flour, which is an excellent alternative to all-purpose flour. You can simply switch to almond flour for all your daily dietary needs as it is way more nutritious. Another thing that is essential to this recipe is to use sugar-free choco chips. Normal choco chips have a high sugar content that would break the ketosis that you have worked very hard towards. The job is to maintain your ketosis and enjoy a yummy and healthy dessert. This is an eggless recipe, allowing everybody to enjoy this melt-in-your-mouth cookie.
1 cup finely-ground almond flour
2 to 4 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips
2 tbsp powdered sugar-free sugar
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 to 3 tsp soya milk
- Preheat the oven to 170° Celsius.
- Stir the dry ingredients – almond flour, chocolate chips, sugar-free sugar, salt and baking soda – well together.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla essence and soya milk and mix to form a dough. Shape into cookies.
- Place on a cookie tray, and bake on the centre rack of the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool for 10 minutes. The cookies will get firm as they cool down.
Image: Shutterstock | used for representational purposes only
Also see: Keto Chia Seed Pudding