A normal person loses about 50 to 100 hair a day, which are regularly replaced naturally by the body. A vast number of people, all over the world, also have hereditary causes of hair loss, or suffer from alopecia, which form the common causes of hair loss. Temporary causes include major illnesses, surgeries, emotional stress, high fever, and pregnancy and childbirth.
Medication for certain diseases and disorders such as cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems and blood pressure can also lead to hair loss. Certain skin diseases, like lichen plannus and lupus that lead to scarring also lead to a loss of hair.
Other causes include menopause, discontinuation of birth control pills, trichotillomania (pulling out of own hair), extreme weight loss, traction, bad diet and, most importantly, an unhealthy lifestyle.
How Can It Be Prevented?
Taking care of certain dos and don’ts will help.
– Change your hairstyle to loosen the grip on your hair.
– Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with lots of proteins and keep yourself well hydrated.
– Wash your hair every alternate day with a gentle shampoo and do not rub it dry.
– Avoid smoking, excessive alcoholic beverages, fried and junk food.
– Have multivitamins, folic acid, biotin and omega-3 fatty acids and essential oils.
– Consult a specialist for treatment if the hair loss is due to an underlying medical condition.
– Most importantly, live a healthy lifestyle, adequate sleep, de-stress with meditation and yoga.
– Don’t wear tight hairstyles like braids, buns and ponytails, that puts pressure and can damage the hair follicles.
– Avoid rubbing your scalp vigorously and also twisting and pulling your hair.
– Avoid hair straighteners, blow-drying, colouring and bleaching agents, and other heat-based tools and chemical beauty regimens.
Can Hair Transplant Help In Far-Gone Cases?
Direct Hair Transplant or DHT can be helpful if a person wants to opt for it. It is an advanced version in which the hair from the donor area of the person is implanted simultaneously and almost immediately on the pre-made slits on the bald patches. The extracted hair does not remain out of the body for a long period and hence the post- operative recovery is faster, and the results are far superior that previously done processes. Needless to say, this should be done in consultation with an expert taking all care as advised.
Also read: Expert Speak: 5 Easy Ways To Boost Immunity This Season
Source link Fit Fast Without Pills