Looking for a weight loss-friendly ingredient to add to your diet? Know the benefits of sattu | Photo Credit: Pixabay
- Consuming too many calories can lead to an unhealthy gain in weight
- Consuming too less calories can lead to an unhealthy loss in weight
- Here is how sattu, or roasted gram powder can aid weight loss
New Delhi: Sattu is an ingredient popular in parts of India. It is widely used in various Indian households. It is also known as roasted gram powder. It is a rich source of protein and offers immense health benefits. The popular dish of litti chokha from Bihar has sattu as its main ingredient. Other popular dishes prepared from sattu include sattu ka paratha, sattu laddu and sattu drink.
Sattu and weight loss
Sattu is low in calories and high in fibre. It helps improve metabolism, thereby aiding healthy weight loss. Sattu sharbat, also known as sattu drink can be prepared with this ingredient. This drink can be filling, promoting low-calorie consumption and is extremely healthy. You can prepare this drink by adding 2-3 tablespoons of sattu in a glass of cold/warm water along with a pinch of salt or a spoon of sugar. You can drink it regularly as a part of your breakfast or as your evening beverage.
Health benefits of sattu
Here are some common health benefits offered by sattu, or roasted gram flour:
- Healthy for skin and hair: Sattu is rich in nutrients like iron and protein. This can have healing effects on the skin and hair and help them stay healthy and glowing.
- Diabetes-friendly: Foods that are low in glycemic index are healthy for diabetes. Sattu is extremely healthy for diabetes patients due to similar reasons. Also, it can help manage blood sugar levels in the body.
- Heart friendly: Sattu can help manage the cholesterol levels in the body. This can reduce the risks of developing cardiovascular diseases and promote heart health.
- Improves digestion: Sattu is a rich source of fibre. This can help improve the digestive system and prevent issues that might lead to problems such as gas, bloating and constipation.
- Helps cool the body: Sattu can help bring down the temperature of the body and prevent overheating. It can be extremely helpful during summers and can be a healthy beverage option.
Apart from the wonderful health benefits of sattu, it can help keep the body hydrated efficiently. It is easy to inculcate sattu in your diet. If you can’t find sattu in the market, you can also prepare it at home by roasting some gram and grinding it into a fine powder.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now